FN Herstal: SCAR 16S NRCH, 5.56 NATO, 16.25"FN Herstal
The fast-handling and quick-shooting FN SCAR® 16S is upgraded with Non-Reciprocating Charging Handles. The new, dual charging handles enable any shooting position, grip style or optic choice, ensuring any braced or barrier-contact position shoots flawlessly. A rugged, monolithic upper receiver with MIL-STD-1913 rail provides space for rail-mounted accessories, and a folding buttstock fits any shooter with adjustable length of pull and cheek rest height. The FN SCAR 16S in 5.56x45mm is the benchmark for reliability and versatility from a light recoiling, piston-driven platform.
- New bolt carrier assembly with NRCH enables any shooting position or optic choice, reduces felt recoil
- Short-stroke gas piston
- Monolithic receiver
- Receiver: Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum. MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock positions. Adjustable folding front and folding/removable rear iron sights
- Barrel: Cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined, free-floating barrel with compensator
- Stock: Telescoping side-folding polymer stock. Adjustable cheekpiece. A2-style pistol grip.
- Operating Controls: Dual, ambidextrous charging handles remain static under fire, user swappable left/right. Ambidextrous safety lever and magazine release. Enlarged trigger guard for easier access when wearing gloves
- Magazine: Steel body. Low friction follower.
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm
- Barrel Length: 16.25"
- Twist Rate: 1 – 7"
- Gas System: Short-stroke gas piston
- Weight: 7.25 lbs
- Length: 34.5" – 37”
U.S. Government Export Restriction
This item is restricted for export by the State Department and Department of Commerce. Make sure that you are familiar with all applicable laws. ITAR Information.
FFL Requirements & Magazine Restrictions
- 5.56 NATO
- 16 inch