A leveling base on your tripod is the perfect foundation for gimbal heads, pano gear, fluid heads and even ballheads. Each leveling base offers ±15° of leveling capability and locks solidly with just a twist. Choose a leveling base with a flat platform for direct mounting of a tripod head. Or choose a leveling base with a clamp if you want quick-change convenience for multiple tripod heads on the same tripod.
This Leveling Base is for the Really Right Stuff Versa Series 3 and Gitzo Series 3 Systematic tripods.
Remove the top plate from your tripod and replace it with this robust leveling base. Twist the handle to lock & unlock the base. Fluid motion allows smooth and fast leveling, no matter the load.
This leveling base incorporates our TA-3-VB video bowl. Leveling base can be removed, but video bowl can remain behind. Video bowl will accept any accessory/head that uses a 75mm video bowl.
This is the perfect base for all Really Right Stuff panorama gear. Build our Ultimate-Pro Packages directly on this leveling base or install our PG-02 Panning-Gimbal head.
This leveling base is fitted with a clamp instead of a platform. This makes it ideal as a base multiple tripod heads. Now you can quickly and easily swap between your ballhead to your gimbal head or video head. No need for multiple tripods. Note that each tripod head must be fitted with a quick-release plate. Only Really Right Stuff delivers this much versatility.
- The lightest leveling base in its class
- Compatible with RRS Versa Series 3 tripods
- Holds up to 25 lbs. without slipping
- Low friction polymer anti-jam plate secures your head solidly and accentuates vibration damping for your load
- Delivers 30° of total leveling capability
- 3/8"-16 Stainless steel stud for mounting tripod head
- Large 12mm diameter bullseye level is easy to see
- Textured rubber grip on bottom of handle is easy to grasp firmly with or without gloves
- Handle, including hook, is 4.5 inches long (113mm) and does not significantly impact your ability to drop the tripod to ground level
- RRS Lever style Quick-Release clamp for easy tripod head swapping
- CNC machined 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum with type II anodizing
- Stainless Steel Quick-Release lever
- Longer handle with a hook screwed in to the bottom
What's in the Box?
TA-3-LC-HK Series 3 Leveling Base with an integrated quick-release clamp and a longer handle with a hook installed on the bottom
- Weight: 15.8 oz / 447g
- Total Height: 7.0" / 177mm
- Height Above Tripod (excluding stud): 1.5" / 39mm
- Platform Diameter (excluding bullseye): 2.9" / 73mm
- Max Width (including bullseye and lever): 4.2" / 106mm
- Tripod Mount Diameter: 2.8" / 70mm
- Really Right Stuff Quick-Release clamp on top
- Use as a leveling base for a variety of tripod heads
- Use this leveling base style for quick Tripod Head swapping
What else do I need?
- RRS Series 3 Tripod
- Head of choice
- To use this leveling base, your head needs to have a quick-release dovetail mounted to the bottom of the head.