SPUHR Fitment Explained
Most items from Spuhr are marked with a model number and a batch number. When ordering please refer to the model numbers.
Scope mounts are marked with a model number consisting of two or three letters followed by four digits. However, there are three exceptions to this rule where there is a total of five digits as well as some models featuring a suffix.
The batch numbers consist of four letters. Old batch numbers consisted of a single letter followed by four numbers; for example M-1204 or M12/04, where the numbers indicate year and month.
The initial letters identify the type/firearm/rail the mount is designed for:
- QDP - Quick Detachable mount Picatinny
- SA - Scope mount Accuracy International (11mm dovetail)
- SP - Scope mount Picatinny
- SS - Scope mount Sauer (for Sauer SSG and STR rifles)
- ST - Scope mount TRG (17 mm dovetail)
- SR - Scope Rings (separate rings for Picatinny rail)
The first digit identifies tube diameter:
- 3 - 30 mm tube
- 4 - 34 mm tube
- 5 - 35 mm tube
- 6 - 36 mm tube
- 7 - 40 mm tube
The second digit identifies tilt:**
- 0 - 0 tilt
- 3 - 3 MIL/10.3 MOA
- 6 - 6 MIL/20.6 MOA
- 7 - 7 MIL/24 MOA tilt
- 8 - 13 MIL/44.4 MOA
- 9 - 9 MIL/31 MOA
The third digit (if other than 0) is for special versions:
- 1 - Cantilever mount
- 2 - Extended cantilever mount
- 3 - Short rear top cover for the S&B Ultra Short
- 4 - Medium cantilever mount
The fourth digit identifies height:**
- 1 - 30 mm / 1.18"
- 2 - 38 mm / 1.50"
- 4 - 48 mm / 1.89"
- 6 - 34 mm / 1.35" (except for on Cantilever mounts)
- 8 - 44 mm / 1.73"
- B - Some mounts feature a B suffix following the model number. In the ISMS line this indicates an extra-long mount for scopes with extended length erector housings, such as the U.S. Optics TPAL and the NightForce B.E.A.S.T.
- C - The new generation of Spuhr mounts are denoted by the "C" suffix
- Spuhr currently offers three heights for their cantilever mounts. The high cantilever mounts (where the third digit is a 1) are 38 mm / 1.5" high, the medium cantilever mounts (where the third digit is a 4 - currently only available as as QDP) are 36 mm/1.35" high, and the extended cantilever mounts (where the third digit is a 2) are 32 mm / 1,26" high.
**Note: The height is always measured from the top of the rail to the centerline of the optics. On a tilted mount the measurement is made at the back plane of the rear ring.
**Note: The SP-61602 and SP-41808 feature two digits for tilt: 16, indicating a tilt of 16 MIL/55 MOA, and 18, indicating 18 MIL/61.8 MOA. First run of SP-4803b had 11 MIL/40 MOA tilt.