OSS is the first company to successfully design a flow through suppressor. There are many benefits to using a suppressor of this type. These advantages show up predominantly on gas operated firearms such as AR-15s or AR-10s. The first time that you use OSS you will notice that you don't have to deal with an uncomfortable amount of high pressure gas blowback and carbon in your face. The reason for this is that these suppressors don't use traditional baffles that create a massive amount of pressure in the tube. Comparatively, this design reduces the cycling speed of your DI or piston driven gun as well. This means you don't have to replace parts and tune your rifle specifically to you silencer. Because of the rotation of the gas through the core you never have to worry about sending your can down range again. Every shot helps to keep the suppressor on. As an effect of this, extra material could be added to areas that needed it, thus why OSS HX-QD 556 suppressors have no minimum barrel requirement. If you are tired of not being able to see whenever you want to shoot your gas gun suppressed, you should give OSS a chance.
- TORQUE LOCK®: HUXWRX Torque Lock is a patented, tool-less locking system that ensures the suppressor will stay securely mounted onto the HUXWRX QD muzzle device.
- HEARING SAFE: The HUXWRX Test Rifles shall not exceed 140 dB ten-shot average sound pressure level at the shooter’s ear during barrel life.
- FULL-AUTO RATED: HUXWRX suppressors' full-auto rating guarantees the suppressor passes the USSOCOM Reliability Stress Test.
- CROSS-PLATFORM COMPATIBLE: HUXWRX QD suppressors can be used on a variety of calibers and rifle platforms.
- PRECISION CERTIFIED: HUXWRX Suppressors are engineered and tested to meet the highest military accuracy specifications worldwide.
- REPEATABLE & MINIMAL SHIFT: HUXWRX Suppressors are engineered so that the mounting interface is precise and consistent. The result is the repeatable and minimal point of impact (POI) shift that meets military specifications worldwide.
- NO WEAPONS MODS: Modifications to the bolt, gas tube, buffer or recoil springs, and other timing modifications are unnecessary.
- RECOIL MANAGEMENT: Bolt velocity increases vary between -2% to 5% depending on the weapon system, barrel length, and ammo types.
- SERVICEABLE: Suppressor maintenance can be performed to increase the service life of the suppressor.
- Steel core will last in excess of 40,000 rounds
- Flow through baffle design
- No barrel length minimum
- Vastly reduces blowback when compared to standard baffle silencers
- Only increases carrier speed by approx. 3-5% as opposed to 20-35% or more (barrel length makes a big difference)
- Steel core deflectors and titanium everywhere else
- OSS self tightening system
- Brake/FH and suppressor have LH threads
- 17-4 heat treated stainless steel core
- Grade 5 and 9 titanium
- Cerakoted Black
- Weight: 17.3 oz.
- Length: 6.67 in.
- Diameter: 1.6 in.
Sound Pressure Levels:
The HX-QD 556 is the optimal choice for the widest range of 5.56 caliber rifles. Sound pressure levels are measured at the shooters ear to comply with current military specifications:
- 130 – 134 dB on 20” AR15 DI using commercial grade 55 gr ammo
- 133 – 137 dB on 16” AR15 DI using commercial grade 55 gr ammo
- 138 – 142 dB on 10.5” AR15 DI using commercial grade 55 gr ammo
Suppressor mount not included. Click here to purchase a 556 1/2x28 flash hider.
Mile High Shooting Accessories (MHSA) will only ship suppressors to Class III FFL holders. BATF regulation information for Suppressor ownership are as follows:
Be at least 21 years of age.
Be a U.S. citizen.
Have no felony convictions or domestic violence convictions.
Have no dishonorable discharge.
Not deemed mentally unstable by a competent authority.
The NFA rules/laws are posted through the BATF website. At this time, the following states ALLOW private ownership of suppressors: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MO, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY. Of the sixteen states which do not allow civilian ownership, CA, IA, MA, and MI allow class 3 dealers and class two manufacturers to possess suppressors.
U.S. Government Export Restriction
This item is restricted for export by the State Department and Department of Commerce. Make sure that you are familiar with all applicable laws. ITAR Information.
FFL Requirements & Magazine Restrictions