Berger 24785: 6mm 109gr Long Range Hybrid Target, 500/BoxBerger Bullets
The 6mm 109 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target provides competitive precision rifle shooters and long-range accuracy enthusiasts a level of precision and consistency unmatched by all other rifle bullet manufacturers. Utilizing advanced and proprietary manufacturing processes, Berger’s innovative Meplat Reduction Technology (MRT) System applies controlled pressure along the projectile nose, producing a homogeneous and repeatable bullet profile for the industry’s most consistent Ballistic Coefficients (BC).
The 6mm 109gr LRHT boasts a high BC, jump-tolerant hybrid ogive profile that is Doppler Radar verified with less than 1% BC variation. A high BC is desirable for competitive shooting, however, shot-to-shot BC consistency is most critical when engaging targets to 600 yards and beyond. The 109’s are tailored to cartridges such as 6mm Creedmoor, 6mm BR, 6 Dasher, 6XC, 6BRX, and 6×47 among others. It offers the same stability factor as the industry-leading 105gr Hybrid Target and is a direct replacement for 1:8″ twist barrels.
The 6mm 109’s offer several advantages,” said Bryan Litz, Berger’s Chief Ballistician. “Its ultra-sleek profile provides a higher Ballistic Coefficient (BC) resulting in less wind drift at all ranges. Using the proprietary MRT technology also results in a higher and more consistent BC which is important for reducing dispersion at long range.”
- Hybrid Ogive: Hybrid Ogives blend the best aspects of tangent and secant nose shapes into one ogive. Near the bearing surface, the shape starts off as a tangent, which makes it easy to tune, then transitions to a secant ogive, which results in a flatter trajectory and less wind drift.
- MRT™: Berger's patented Meplat Reduction Technology (MRT) increases Ballistics Coefficient (BC) while decreasing BC variability. This means less vertical dispersion, less wind drift, and the highest hit percentage on target.
- Consistent Core: Berger's exacting core manufacturing process is one of the reasons when you buy a box of Berger, you don’t have to worry about sorting by weight. This gives you more reliable drop, consistent BC, and better accuracy.
- J4 Target Jacket: J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are the #1 choice of custom bullet manufacturers. They are the most consistent and concentric copper jackets in the world holding an unprecedented +/- .0003” tolerance. The most precise jacket produces a Berger bullet with the lease amount of dispersion at all ranges.
- Caliber: 6 mm
- Bullet Weight: 109 Grain
- Product Line: Long-Range Hybrid Target
- G1 BC: 0.568
- G7 BC: 0.292
- G7 Form Factor: 0.906
- Minimum Twist (or faster): 1 - 8
- Ogive Style: LR Hybrid
- Base Style: Boat Tail
- Jacket: J4 Target Jacket
- Sectional Density: 0.264
- Bullet Dia.: 0.243
- OAL: 1.277
- Base to Ogive: 0.653
- Nose Length: 0.655
- Bearing Surface: 0.431
- Boat Tail Length: 0.168
A Better Bullet Begins with a Better Jacket
Berger’s J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are world-renowned for having the best concentricity available. Each production lot of J4 Jackets measures +/-.0003″ Total Indicated Runout (TIR). No other bullet manufacturer in the world is able to replicate these unprecedented results and claim “J4-consistency.”
Great of my 6 XC.
These are great bullets they were lost by UPS and sent Back to Mile High shooting The customer service person Jolene Kept me informed and did a super job finding them .thank you very much!
Performs with great consistency and very forgiving on seating depths.