Really Right Stuff: B2-LR-II - 60MM Lever Release ClampRRS
Why should you invest in a quick-release system? Why invest your money in a tripod and tripod head only to compromise your shots with an insecure connection between camera and head? Instead, adopt the Really Right Stuff quick-release system.
The RRS quick-release system is based on the Arca-Swiss standard and has two parts: a quick-release clamp and a quick-release plate. You always need both pieces of the system. The clamp will stay on your tripod head/accessory all the time, and the plate will stay on your rifle all the time.
Clamp jaws open and close in one of two ways: by twisting a knurled knob on our tried and true screw-knob clamps; or by flipping a single lever on our innovative, patented lever-release clamps. The graceful Stainless Steel S-shaped cam-locking lever provides desirable benefits over traditional screw knob clamps.
The B2 LR II has dual mounts: center socket is countersunk on top but also threaded 3/8"-16. Mount by spinning onto an exposed threaded 3/8" post or with flat head screw from above (accept M6 or 1/4"-20, not 3/8"). These clamps are appropriate for mounting on:
Any head or platform with exposed 3/8"-16 threaded post can drop onto a female socket tapped 1/4"-20 (for any RRS head) or metric 6 (for all others; all screws sold separately)
Any head or platform with exposed 1/4"-20 threaded post - install a reducer bushing into the socket hole of the clamp
Any head or platform with 3/8"-16 female socket
- R-Mount Interface: R-Mount’s rosette will prevent twisting at the coupling point between the B2-LR-II and RRS head over time, and will assist in eliminating “play” that results from regular use on our earlier tongue-and-groove designs.
- Easy Top-Loading: In one quick action, the clamp can go from closed to fully open, allowing easy top-loading of Arca-Swiss-compatible quick-release camera and lens plates; no more lost shots while fumbling to feed the plates into the end of the clamp
- Visual Confirmation of Lock Position: You can readily observe if the lever is locked, half-open or fully open
- Low Profile: The lever does not protrude above or below the top or bottom of the clamp, and, in the closed position, the lever closely hugs the contours of the clamp; this makes it less of a "weed catcher" in the field and reduces the chance of being damaged in a fall
- Less Abrasive, No Twisting: The smooth contours of the lever are less abrasive than standard knurled knobs, and for those with arthritic hands, the graceful lever cams open and closed with just finger force
- Super Tough, Reliable: The Stainless Steel lever delivers a lifetime of wear and rides on a self-lubricating, wear-resistant bronze bearing surface. Delivers 50lbs of holding power under full compression (the fully closed position) with our plates; this is more than sufficient for any practical photographic application
- Bullseye Spirit Level
- Laser Engraved for precise and repeatable positioning
- Jaw Length: 2.4"/ 60mm
- Width: 3.4"/ 86mm
- Height: 0.6"/ 15mm
- Weight: 5.3oz/ 150g
- Center hole threaded 3/8"-16
- Outer holes threaded 1/4"-20 spaced 30mm apart on center
In the Box:
- (1) B2 LR II lever-release clamp
- (1) User's guide