Really Right Stuff FAS-Clamp: Fore-Aft Sliding Lever Release Clamp, 78mmRRS
The Really Right Stuff quick-release system is based on the Arca-Swiss standard and has two parts: a quick-release clamp and a quick-release plate. You always need both pieces of the system. The clamp will stay on your tripod head/accessory all the time, and the plate will stay on your camera all the time. You will need to purchase a separate quick-release plate for each camera or collared, telephoto lens that you want to mount in the quick-release clamp on your tripod head.
Clamp jaws open and close in one of two ways: by twisting a knurled knob on our tried & true screw-knob clamps; or by flipping a single lever on our innovative, patented lever-release clamps. The graceful Stainless Steel S-shaped cam-locking lever provides desirable benefits over traditional screw knob clamps.
The FAS Clamp is to be used when you need a double-sided clamp.
WORKS BEST WITH REALLY RIGHT STUFF PLATES/RAILS.
- Fore-Aft Sliding clamp slides along dovetail of any Really Right Stuff rail or camera bar to provide adjustable fore/aft travel.
- Unique bottom index marker allows for exact and repeatable positioning.
- Slide lock-knob locks clamp into position.
- Clamp channel runs left/right and accommodates plates with left/right dovetail orientation (most camera body plates, but not lens plates); clamp cannot be rotated to change orientation.
- Easy Top-Loading: In one quick action, the clamp can go from closed to fully open, allowing easy top-loading of Arca-Swiss-compatible quick-release camera and lens plates. No more lost shots while fumbling to feed the plates into the end of the clamp.
- Visual Confirmation of Lock Position: You can readily observe if the lever is locked, half-open or fully open.
- Low Profile: The lever does not protrude above or below the top or bottom of the clamp, and, in the closed position, the lever closely hugs the contours of the clamp. This makes it less of a "weed catcher" in the field and reduces the chance of being damaged in a fall.
- Less Abrasive, No Twisting: The smooth contours of the lever are less abrasive than standard knurled knobs, and for those with arthritic hands, the graceful lever cams open and closed with just finger force.
- Super Tough, Reliable: The Stainless Steel lever delivers a lifetime of wear and rides on a self-lubricating, wear-resistant bronze bearing surface. Delivers 50 lbs. of holding power under full compression (the fully closed position) with our plates. This is more than sufficient for any practical photographic application.
- Laser Engraved for precise and repeatable alignment
NOTE: Choose a FAS Clamp ONLY if you have quick release plates from Really Right Stuff or Wimberley.
In the Box:
- FAS Sliding Lever-release style quick-release clamp, no additional mounting hardware
- user's guide
- Jaw Length: 3.1" / 78mm
- Width: 3.8" / 97mm
- Height: 1.1" / 28mm
- Weight: 7.1 oz / 200g