Durable Ultra-light .45 Suppressor
The FLY 45 has industry leading .45 ACP suppression performance while being 25- to 50-percent lighter than its competitors. It's also super tough and is rated for .45-70, .308 WIN, and .223/556 (see below for barrel length restrictions).
The FLY 45 is a modular suppressor with a full length (including booster) of 8.85 inches and a short configuration (with booster) of 6.6 inches.
We have all the data posted in the large table below, but it's easy to summarize-- The FLY 45 suppresses better or the same as the other quietest .45/.46 caliber suppressors on the market, but it's a lot lighter and tougher.
The FLY 45 ships with a .578-28 piston and the booster basket (which adapts the booster threads to HUB). For high temperature durability, Thunder Beast used specially-made 17-7 wave springs in the booster. It is compatible with the Rugged/Griffin/SilencerCo/TBAC standard pistons.
You can remove the booster and booster basket assembly and you're left with an industry-standard 1.375x24 "HUB" rear mount. This allows use on any compatible HUB mounting system. TBAC also have a "CB2HUB" adapter to fit on their CB muzzle devices.
- .45 ACP
- 8.85" (Long, with booster),
- 6.6 inches (Short, with booster)
- 8.15 inches (Long, bare HUB)
- 5.9 inches (Long, bare HUB)
- 10.47 ounces (Long, with booster)
- 8.15 ounces (Short, with booster)
- 7.34 ounces (Long, bare HUB)
- 5.02 ounces (Short, bare HUB)
- Mount: 0.578 piston and booster included, with booster basket assembly
- compatible with HUB mounts
- Brake Material: Heat-treated 17-4 stainless
- Finish: Black Cerakote
- Full-auto .45, 9mm;
- Hard-use/Full-Auto: 300 Blackout
- Semi-auto: Other rated bottleneck rifle cartridges
Minimum Barrel Lengths:
- Any Length – 9x9, .38 Special, .45 ACP
- 5.5” - .300 Blackout (subsonic), 8.6 Blackout
- 8.0” - .300 Blackout (full power / supersonic)
- 13” – 8.6 Blackout (full power)
- 16" - .45-70, .450 Bushmaster, .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 223/5.56
Mile High Shooting Accessories (MHSA) will only ship suppressors to Class III FFL holders. BATF regulation information for Suppressor ownership are as follows:
Be at least 21 years of age.
Be a U.S. citizen.
Have no felony convictions or domestic violence convictions.
Have no dishonorable discharge.
Not deemed mentally unstable by a competent authority.
The NFA rules/laws are posted through the BATF website. At this time, the following states ALLOW private ownership of suppressors: AL, AK, AR, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, ND, NV, NH, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, WI, and WY. CA allows class 3 dealers and class two manufacturers to possess suppressors.
U.S. Government Export Restriction
This item is restricted for export by the State Department and Department of Commerce. Make sure that you are familiar with all applicable laws. ITAR Information.
FFL Requirements & Magazine Restrictions