Berger 26504: 6.5mm 140gr VLD Hunting, 100/BoxBerger Bullets
The Berger VLD Hunting Rifle Bullet is one of the flattest shooting hunting Rifle Bullets in the industry. VLD Hunting Rifle Bullets are identical in design to VLD Target Rifle Bullets except utilize a thinner J4 Precision jacket for rapid expansion during game applications. VLD Hunting bullets are designed to penetrate 2-3″ into the vitals and then begin to expand and create a massive wound cavity up to 15″. This delivers maximum organ/tissue damage and extreme hydrostatic shock aiding in an ethical kill. VLD Hunting Rifle Bullets incorporate a secant ogive design which allows the Rifle Bullet to experience less drag as it travels to the target. This reduced drag is why the VLD shoots flatter, experiences less wind-drift, and has a higher retained velocity than all others. A favorite load technique for the VLD’s is touching the rifling for single-shot applications, although some rifles may prefer as much as .150″ from the rifling. Berger VLD Hunting Rifle Bullets are extremely popular for long range hunting applications. Built with highly consistent J4 Precision Rifle Bullet jackets, most favored by custom Rifle Bullet makers.
- Secant Ogive: Berger VLD (Vey Low Drag) Bullets use a Secant Ogive, which is an aggressive ogive shape that provides a reduced drag factor. The Secant Ogive is proven to be the most efficient shape for external ballistic performance, resulting in flatter shooting with less wind drift.
- Consistent Core: Berger's exacting core manufacturing process is one of the reasons when you buy a box of Berger, you don’t have to worry about sorting by weight. This gives you more reliable drop, consistent BC, and better accuracy.
- Boat Tail: Boat Tail bullets provide an aerodynamic advantage at longer ranges over their flat base counterparts, especially while transitioning from transonic to subsonic velocities.
- J4 Hunting Jacket: J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are the #1 choice of custom bullet manufacturers. They are the most consistent and concentric copper jackets in the world holding an unprecedented +/- .0003” tolerance. J4 hunting jackets are produced slightly thinner to allow for 2-3″” of penetration before rapidly expanding, producing extreme hydrostatic shock and a massive wound cavity.
- Caliber: 6.5 mm
- Bullet Weight: 140 Grain
- Product Line: VLD Hunting
- G1 BC: 0.6
- G7 BC: 0.307
- G7 Form Factor: 0.935
- Minimum Twist (or faster): 1 - 8
- Ogive Style: Secant (VLD)
- Base Style: Boat Tail
- Jacket: J4 Hunting Jacket
- Sectional Density: 0.287
- Bullet Dia.: 0.264
- OAL: 1.39
- Base to Ogive: 0.717
- Nose Length: 0.731
- Bearing Surface: 0.435
- Boat Tail Length: 0.224
A Better Bullet Begins with a Better Jacket
Berger’s J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are world-renowned for having the best concentricity available. Each production lot of J4 Jackets measure +/-.0003″ Total Indicated Runout (TIR). No other bullet manufacturer in the world is able to replicate these unprecedented results and claim “J4-consistency.”
Use Berger all the time great bullet. Mile High was quick to send out the order.