Berger 30730: 30 Cal 230gr Match Hybrid Target, 250/BoxBerger Bullets
Berger Hybrid Target Rifle Bullets utilize their industry-leading hybrid ogive, which blends tangent and secant designs to optimize efficiency, reduce wind drift, and minimize sensitivity to seating depth. The Hybrid Target Rifle Bullets are competition proven and a favorite amongst today’s top long-range competition shooters. Made with J4 Precision Jackets, the Hybrid’s like all other Berger Rifle Bullets, have exacting tolerance and near-perfect construction. Berger’s Chief Ballistician, Bryan Litz used his expertise to combine the appropriate shapes for optimum accuracy and performance.
- Hybrid Ogive: Hybrid Ogives blend the best aspects of tangent and secant nose shapes into one ogive. Near the bearing surface, the shape starts off as a tangent, which makes it easy to tune, then transitions to a secant ogive, which results in a flatter trajectory and less wind drift.
- Consistent Core: Berger's exacting core manufacturing process is one of the reasons when you buy a box of Berger, you don’t have to worry about sorting by weight. This gives you more reliable drop, consistent BC, and better accuracy.
- Boat Tail: Boat Tail bullets provide an aerodynamic advantage at longer ranges over their flat base counterparts, especially while transitioning from transonic to subsonic velocities.
- J4 Target Jacket: J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are the #1 choice of custom bullet manufacturers. They are the most consistent and concentric copper jackets in the world holding an unprecedented +/- .0003” tolerance. The most precise jacket produces a Berger bullet with the least amount of dispersion at all ranges.
- Caliber: 30 Caliber
- Bullet Weight: 230 Grain
- Product Line: Hybrid Target
- G1 BC: 0.717
- G7 BC: 0.368
- G7 Form Factor: 0.941
- Minimum Twist (or faster): 1 - 10
- Ogive Style: Hybrid
- Base Style: Boat Tail
- Jacket: J4 Target Jacket
- Sectional Density: 0.346
- Bullet Dia.: 0.308
- OAL: 1.668
- Base to Ogive: 0.875
- Nose Length: 0.859
- Bearing Surface: 0.529
- Boat Tail Length: 0.28
A Better Bullet Begins with a Better Jacket
Berger’s J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are world-renowned for having the best concentricity available. Each production lot of J4 Jackets measure +/-.0003″ Total Indicated Runout (TIR). No other bullet manufacturer in the world is able to replicate these unprecedented results and claim “J4-consistency.”
I have been through 500 rounds of these bullets. I have been ordering them by the box of 100. I weight segregate my bullets by .5gr increments. The boxes of 100 have had quite a bit of deviation in weight right out of the same box. Low 229gr up to low 231gr. Also checking bearing surface length I've found quite a bit of deviation ( as much as .012) in the box of 100. I shoot them all in groups that are close to one another and they all do fine. This last month I ordered 2 boxes of 250 from Mile High Shooting Supply. After weight segregating the first box of 250 I noticed that I had a much smaller weight deviation. High 229gr to high 230gr. Also noted was less deviation in bearing surface length @.002". All weighing is done with a Sartorius Entris 64-1S. Bearing surface length inspected with Hoover equipment. Bullet runout has never been an issue with these bullets. I am confident to shoot any of them. My confidence in the weight of these lots of bullets is growing with these boxes of 250. In the automotive racing industry it matter significantly as to where you get your parts from. Some vendors buy seconds from the manufacturer and sell them off as top quality. Not say I know this happens but I suspect it could be. Saying that in will also say that Mile High Shooting Supply is NOT selling sub-standard seconds. Thier prices were reasonable and the shipping was fast. I appreciate thier services. I'll go 5 stars if I find the second box of 250 to be the same level.
I firmly believe Berger 230 grain Target Hybrids to be the best .30 caliber long range bullet available for medium and large capacity .30 caliber magnum cartridges. They have the highest BC and when launched at 2,900 + fps will extend the supersonic range beyound 250 grain .338 Laupua.