The MAWL-DA (Modular Advanced Weapon Laser - Direct Action) is a high power infrared and visible green aiming and illumination laser for individual carbines. Offering improved ergonomics, interface, and performance, the MAWL-DA has been engineered from the ground up around the needs of the modern night fighter.
Designed to address the shortcomings of common laser devices in use with both military and law enforcement, the MAWL incorporates cutting edge VCSEL technology which eliminates the current problem of inconsistent and granular, speckled illumination. This unparalleled beam quality is leveraged with multiple modes of divergence and power, based on the ideal settings for any operational environment: Short Range, Mid Range, or Long Range.
The MAWL-DA is a modular system. The body, endcap, and head are separate, interchangeable components. The MAWL is completely ambidextrous and can be configured on the rail to suit the operator’s needs.
- Modes and power output are set for optimal illumination, beam size, and clarity at each engagement range.
- 3 Settings - Short, Medium, and Long
- Sliding Design, easy to navigate
- A and B; Immediate Action and Admin Mode for each of the 3 Switch Settings (Short, Medium, Long)
- A - Broad application setting
- B - Secondary Function setting
- Short Range - Optimized for room to room engagements and building interiors, Short Range mode offers smooth, room filling illumination with no discernible speckling or edges and no excessive bloom. The admin function activates a low energy IR illuminator with no pointer for navigating extremely dark areas without discharging an extra IR light.
- Mid Range mode excels at urban building to building movement and is appropriate for alleyways, streets, building exteriors, and rooftops. Mid Range offers dual illuminators and a pointer; a mid range wide angle flood with a tight hot spot for punching out further distances. Admin function redistributes the illuminator outputs to optimize longer range illumination without switching into Long Range mode.
- Long range mode pushes out a tight divergence, high power illuminator and pointer for open environment engagement or for punching through strong non-natural ambient illumination. Admin function is a single high power pointer with no illuminator for communications or signaling purposes.
Visible Laser, Green:
- Short & Mid Range - Short and mid range green settings cycle through increasing output powers for the green pointer. The user can quickly adjust to the correct output appropriate for day, night, indoor, or outdoor.
- Long Range - Long range in visible mode is reserved for the highest power green set a different pulse rates for easy identification and communication.
Contact our LE Department for Full Specs
- PART NUMBER: MAWL-DA
- WEIGHT: 10.4 oz w/battery
- DIMENSIONS: 5.5" L x 2.8" W x 2" H
- WAVELENGTH: NIR, Visible green
- POINT RANGE: Varied
- FLOOD RANGE: Varied
- MAX OUTPUT: Varied
- POWER SOURCE: One (1) 3V CR123A
- HOUSING: 6061-T6 Type II
- AZIMUTH & ELEVATION: 0.3 mrad / 1.03 MOA per click
U.S. Government Export Restriction
This item is restricted for export by the State Department and Department of Commerce. Make sure you understand all ITAR laws. ITAR Information / ITAR Form
FNBNA Financing (This option is for orders of $2000 or more.)
We offer financing through the First National Bank of Northern Arkansas. Financing Information.