Berger 28550: 7mm 195gr EOL Elite Hunter, 100/BoxBerger Bullets
EOL Elite Hunters were developed through a partnership with Berger and Extreme Outer Limits TV. These Rifle Bullets break the trend-line for today’s heavy hunting Rifle Bullets and are designed for extreme long range hunting situations, typically with custom rifle applications. Elite Hunter Rifle Bullets utilize Berger’s industry-leading hybrid ogive, which blends tangent and secant designs to optimize efficiency, reduce wind-drift, and minimize sensitivity to seating depth. Elite Hunter Rifle Bullets are identical in construction, shape and performance to the Berger Hybrid Target series, except they utilize a thinner J4 Precision Jacket for rapid expansion on game animals. Elite Hunters are designed to penetrate 2-3″ into the vitals and then begin to expand and create a massive wound cavity up to 15″. This delivers maximum organ/tissue damage and extreme hydrostatic shock aiding in an ethical kill.
- Hybrid Ogive: Hybrid Ogives blend the best aspects of tangent and secant nose shapes into one ogive. Near the bearing surface, the shape starts off as a tangent, which makes it easy to tune, then transitions to a secant ogive, which results in a flatter trajectory and less wind drift.
- Consistent Core: Berger's exacting core manufacturing process is one of the reasons when you buy a box of Berger, you don’t have to worry about sorting by weight. This gives you more reliable drop, consistent BC, and better accuracy.
- Boat Tail: Boat Tail bullets provide an aerodynamic advantage at longer ranges over their flat base counterparts, especially while transitioning from transonic to subsonic velocities.
- J4 Hunting Jacket: J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are the #1 choice of custom bullet manufacturers. They are the most consistent and concentric copper jackets in the world holding an unprecedented +/- .0003” tolerance. J4 hunting jackets are produced slightly thinner to allow for 2-3″” of penetration before rapidly expanding, producing extreme hydrostatic shock and a massive wound cavity.
- Caliber: 7 mm
- Bullet Weight: 195 Grain
- Product Line: Elite Hunter
- G1 BC: 0.755
- G7 BC: 0.387
- G7 Form Factor: 0.892
- Minimum Twist (or faster): 1 - 9
- Ogive Style: Elite Hunter Hybrid
- Base Style: Boat Tail
- Jacket: J4 Hunting Jacket
- Sectional Density: 0.345
- Bullet Dia.: 0.284
- OAL: 1.648
- Base to Ogive: 0.886
- Nose Length: 0.874
- Bearing Surface: 0.524
- Boat Tail Length: 0.25
A Better Bullet Begins with a Better Jacket
Berger’s J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are world-renowned for having the best concentricity available. Each production lot of J4 Jackets measures +/-.0003″ Total Indicated Runout (TIR). No other bullet manufacturer in the world is able to replicate these unprecedented results and claim “J4-consistency.”
I've taken many animals with this bullet and it does its job and then some.
Good bullets, good service.
Picked these up for my custom 28 Nosler,had 3 different powders, and 3 great loads. Easy to tune. Next is to go distance.