Berger 24556: 6mm 108gr Elite Hunter, 100/BoxBerger Bullets
Berger’s 6mm 108 Grain Elite Hunter was designed for shooters that want to utilize extremely flat shooting 6mm cartridges, like the 6mm Creedmoor or 6 PRC, to take animals at longer ranges than traditional hunting Rifle Bullets. The heavier weight and optimized hybrid ogive design allow for the Rifle Bullet to retain energy for effective hydrostatic shock in animals from close ranges to easily out past 500 yards. Ideal for hunting small to medium sized game such as White Tail Deer.
Berger Elite Hunter Rifle Bullets utilize their industry-leading hybrid ogive, which blends tangent and secant designs to optimize efficiency, reduce wind drift, and minimize sensitivity to seating depth. Elite Hunter Rifle Bullets are identical in construction, shape, and performance to the Berger Hybrid Target series, except they utilize a thinner J4 Precision Jacket for rapid expansion on game animals. Elite Hunters are designed to penetrate 2-3″ into the vitals and then begin to expand and create a massive wound cavity up to 15″. This delivers maximum organ/tissue damage and extreme hydrostatic shock aiding in an ethical kill.
- Hybrid Ogive: Hybrid Ogives blend the best aspects of tangent and secant nose shapes into one ogive. Near the bearing surface, the shape starts off as a tangent, which makes it easy to tune, then transitions to a secant ogive, which results in a flatter trajectory and less wind drift.
- Consistent Core: Berger's exacting core manufacturing process is one of the reasons when you buy a box of Berger, you don’t have to worry about sorting by weight. This gives you a more reliable drop, consistent BC, and better accuracy.
- Boat Tail: Boat Tail bullets provide an aerodynamic advantage at longer ranges over their flat base counterparts, especially while transitioning from transonic to subsonic velocities.
- J4 Hunting Jacket: J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are the #1 choice of custom bullet manufacturers. They are the most consistent and concentric copper jackets in the world holding an unprecedented +/- .0003” tolerance. J4 hunting jackets are produced slightly thinner to allow for 2-3″” of penetration before rapidly expanding, producing extreme hydrostatic shock and a massive wound cavity.
- Caliber: 6 mm
- Bullet Weight: 108 Grain
- Product Line: Elite Hunter
- G1 BC: 0.559
- G7 BC: 0.287
- G7 Form Factor: 0.912
- Minimum Twist (or faster): 1 - 8
- Ogive Style: Hybrid
- Base Style: Boat Tail
- Jacket: J4 Hunting Jacket
- Sectional Density: 0.261
- Bullet Dia.: 0.243
- OAL: 1.26
- Base to Ogive: 0.649
- Nose Length: 0.651
- Bearing Surface: 0.408
- Boat Tail Length: 0.185
A Better Bullet Begins with a Better Jacket
Berger’s J4 Precision Bullet Jackets are world-renowned for having the best concentricity available. Each production lot of J4 Jackets measures +/-.0003″ Total Indicated Runout (TIR). No other bullet manufacturer in the world is able to replicate these unprecedented results and claim “J4-consistency.”
I use these as Target and hunting, a great dual purpose bullet !
They both shoot identical seating depths and powder charge. Easy to pick “the right bullet” for the job