This 4-port design isn’t simply stacking more of the same design on the end, it’s a complete redesign with each port being different. Different length ports, different angle ports, and different height port optimizes each one to provide an ideal function based on the pressure and volume of gas being acted on at its position. This results in optimal recoil management, optimal muzzle rise control, and imparts no extra sound pressure at the shooter position.
Using our patented Hellfire Self-Timing system, this brake uses the same Hellfire Universal Adapters that have been in our lineup for years, and can integrate with your Suppressor Mounts, Hellfire, Hellfire 2P and Linear Flash Suppressor. While this will be the new flagship brake, it is very much a part of our super popular Hellfire family.
In order to simplify the choices, we have four caliber selections available for the HELLFIRE brake. The difference in efficiency between using a caliber specific brake bore, and the next size up is so minimal if not non existent that we decided to simplify things in order to lower overall costs to you the consumer. As you can imagine, trying to stock the exact quantities required of six or so different calibers would be impossible.
223/6mm – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.243 (6mm), ie 223, 5.56 NATO, 204, 17 cal, etc
6.5mm – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.264 (6.5mm), ie 257, (Magnums OK)
7mm/308 – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.308, ie 7mm, 284, 270, (Magnums OK)
338 – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.338, ie 338WM, 338LM, 338NM, 338 Edge. See our Sidewinder brake for ultimate reduction on these cal’s
– Extremely easy installation, brake WILL NOT turn as you torque the collar to lock. No more guessing where the brake ports will line up once you tighten it down!
– Simple round knurled nut that requires no tools to time the brake.
– Return to zero is excellent. This means removal of your brake and re-installation will not require a zero change.
– Suppressor mount adapters available HERE
– Simply torque the universal adapter onto your barrel with a 5/8″ wrench, this piece never has to come off. Next, LEFT HAND thread the brake/collar assembly onto the adapter until it is almost snug. Now rotate the brake until it is level, push the brake into the adapter and you will feel it lock onto the taper. Now tighten the collar fully by hand, and you are done!
Maintenance on any muzzle brake is essential. Just like your barrel, muzzle brakes need cleaned. Over time carbon will build up in the ports, mainly the last port as the first two are semi-self cleaning from the muzzle blast. When this carbon builds up, it will eventually get to the point that bullets can actually strike it. Depending on your shooting regimen you may not notice this, you might just call it a flier. But in a competition when you need every round to impact, this is critical. Carbon bullet strikes are a worst case scenario, but the buildup can also cause accuracy or POI issues just due to airflow changes in the brake ports.
NOTE: The use of Lemishine (or any citric-acid cleaner) or CLR to clean your brake will likely discolor the black nitride, and will void the lifetime warranty of your product. Don’t do this. Seriously. It’ll turn pink and you’ll feel like an idiot.