The BH-40 SCR is the little brother to the 55 and is ideal for the hunter or shooter who likes to do a little bit of everything. Featuring a single 90° drop notch and a dedicated pan, this head is capable of doing it all
On the BH-40 SCR, the largest of the three control knobs independently controls the tension of the main ball joint. The midsize knurled knob features independent control of the panning base, which features laser engraved degree markers every 2.5 degrees. The smallest control knob works in concert with the main lock knob to set a minimum amount of resistance on the ball joint at all times, independent of the main lock knob being fully loosened or not.
Your Really Right Stuff ball head now utilizes our patent-pending R-Mount interface for mating your clamp to your ball head’s stem in the most secure manner possible.
The R-Mount’s rosette will prevent twisting at the coupling point between the two pieces of hardware over time, and will assist in eliminating “play” that results from regular use on our earlier tongue-and-groove designs.
BH-SCRs are compatible with Really Right Stuff Ultralight and Versa Tripods. They are not compatible with TFCT Tripods. All BH-SCR ball heads also mount directly to the 3/8" threaded stud, making these compatible with non-RRS tripods.
- Patented lever-release clamp for fast and easy mounting
- Patented dual clamp designed for both the RRS 1.5" dovetail and picatinny rails
- Ergonomic design gives superior handling and unsurpassed reliability
- Lowest height profile in class
- Large main locking knob incorporates stainless steel ball bearings for a lifetime of silky smooth control
- Drop notches allow maximum flexibility for positioning the rifle into any angle
- Micrometer drag tension adjustment is repeatable and reliable
- Precision panning base is laser-engraved at 2.5 degree intervals and features our unique drum and brake design for effortless locking
- All components are of the finest RRS quality, machined from solid aircraft aluminum or stainless steel for maximum durability and minimum weight
- R-LOCK™ (short for Rapid-Lock) adds unique safety-stop features which are built in to both a mounting rail and quick-release clamp that adhere to the RRS 1.5” Standard. The advantage of the System is the user has multiple “hard-stop” positions along the rail while retaining smooth edges and corners for maximum ergonomics and a snag-free interface that is inherently resistant to wearing down. The ”hard-stop” feature is comprised of a 5mm diameter steel pin that engages 5.5mm diameter holes in the rail. In addition to supplementing the traditional friction-based clamping mechanism, the interface prevents unintentional repositioning of the rail within the clamp when the R-LOCK™ is engaged.
- Easy Top-Loading: In one quick action, the clamp can go from closed to fully open, allowing easy top-loading of RRS Dovetail and arca-swiss compatible quick-release plates; no more lost shots while fumbling to feed the plates into the end of the clamp
- Visual Confirmation of Lock Position: You can readily observe if the lever is locked, half-open or fully open
- BH-40 SCR
- Load Capacity: 18 ft-lbs/ 8.1 kg
- Height: 3.3"/ 8.38cm
- Width: 3.29"/ 8.35cm
- Length: 2.78"/ 7.06cm
- Ball Diameter: 1.6"/ 40mm
- Tripod Mount: 3/8"-16
- Weight: 16.04oz/ 455g
In the Box:
- (1) BH-SCR (Ball head, SCA-Adapter, SC-ARC)
- (1) Padded Cordura pouch with drawstring closure
- (1) 5/32" hex key (required to attach SCA to ball head) and (1) 1/8" hex key (required to mount SC-ARC to SCA)
- (1) User's guide for ball head and clamp features